Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Potatoes are my personal devil

I love potatoes. In Idaho, they grown them as big as your head. That should be their slogan. Too bad they taste so good and are so hard to stop eating. I had my foot fixed up by the Dr. the other day and I didn't have the foresight to hit the grocery store ahead of time. Now, I can't step on my foot without literally seeing stars. So last night I was checking out how many calories I had left for my day and what I could pick up on the way home. And it astounded me how many calories the potatoes have. So I started searching out of curiosity...

Potato Chips = 1 oz. = 140 cal
Mashed = 1/2 cup = 111 cal
Burger king fries = small = 230
Burger king hash rounds = large = 390
McDonalds hashbrowns = 1 = 150
Arby's curly fries = large = 600

They say that enjoying in moderation is the key. For me, I think I'll just try to avoid this one as 1 is just too hard for me.

1 comment:

  1. Even a sweet potato is pretty caloric, but it's lower on the glycemic scale and technically better for you than a regular potato. But still, regular potatoes are mmmm, good!

    ReplyDelete