Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

Catching up here:

1. Hit a new low today of 277.6. Slow but steady going. Unlike the 6 weeks that I spent in a stall earlier this summer.

2. Must try harder in the next 3 weeks. I have a wedding to attend and I will be seeing family that I haven't seen since Christmas (at 320 pounds). I'd like to shred off about 13.6 pounds which would put me at my lowest weight since living in Florida (6 years). It's possible if I live on protein shakes and work out/walk daily.

3. I'm having a tattoo laser-removed and today the itchiness has set in. I have to say it's about the worst pain I've ever experienced (the actual treatment - not the itchiness). For 2 minutes it makes me feel like I'm going to pass out. But the results are starting to show after 3 treatments now. I paid for another 3 since they were offering a price break. I'm hoping after the 6, it'll be gone. Dumb dumb thing I did. It's going to cost me at least 3x what I paid for it to have it removed. What was I thinking that day?

4. Saw a bicycle accident this morning. The car won. I hope the woman is ok. She took a bad fall.

5. My mom is considering another shoulder surgery. At 81, I hope this goes well for her. Her April surgery didn't seem to help. This worries me.

6. We have an office farter. 'Nuff said. At least its not me.

7. I'm going to the Bok Tower Gardens this weekend with a friend and her son. Should be a good time.

8. My heart goes out to my dear friend Valerie who just lost her 41 year old husband to unknown causes. It's a heart wrenching story. She's a strong soul though. She will carry on and have a good life.

9 and 10. Pictures from last weekend. Went to MOSI in Tampa for a mummies exhibit and then ate at Taco Bus. Had the most amazing butternut squash tostada. Must see if I can replicate the recipe sometime. Moday was spent at Silver Springs and was a good time. A small outdated "theme park" --not by today's standards but back in the day, I could see the appeal. Was still a good time.









Take care all and happy Friday-eve!

1 comment:

  1. Today I walked into a room that I think my co-worker had just used to alleviate his gas. Wowzers. Thanks for the non warning dude. lol.

    ReplyDelete