Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Change of Blog

Today my blog officially changes from one of pessimism and despair to one of optimism and hope. I am not going to fight the battle of the bulge myself anymore. I am enlisting the help of a surgeon. I can't do this on my own. I have been seriously overweight since I was 10 years old and in the 3rd grade. I need help. More help than I've gotten in the past. More help than with my stupid lap band that I got 3 years ago.

Tomorrow night I am biting the bullet and driving down to Celebration to attend the meeting to get things started. I hope it goes well. I am concerned that they may just turn me away as a failure. I feel like one. My surgeon has suggested a lap band revision to the bypass.My mom - bless her heart - has offered to loan me the money. This is doable. I can do this. I'm reading the forums. I'm excited and I feel like there is a tiny ray of light starting to peek through the darkness. It took a lot for me to get here. I hope I am welcomed tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment