Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Party Hell

Today I skipped my work Christmas party. Because of my weight and how I feel about myself. I hid in my cube until someone peeked in and guilted me into joining the food line. I had a decent lunch and didn't go crazy with any part of it and passed on dessert. But the main event, I skipped. I didn't socialize with anyone but Valerie - that's all I needed anyway - and I didn't attend Santa's gift distribution. The idea of sitting in a room filled with 200+ people and having to squeeze between them when my name was called - just didn't do it for me.

I am hopeful that when the weight comes off, my social anxiety will be a little more subdued and I can not only occasionally attend these events, but I can have some fun at them as well. I am hopeful but not convinced. Weight loss may have nothing to do with this social anxiety I seem to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment