Thursday, December 15, 2011

Surgery update

Weighed in last night at 324.something. Unreal. It was really good to go and I stayed for the support group last night. One chick there had her 6 month check up that same day and had hit the 100 pound mark. Can you imagine that? Losing 100 pounds in 6 months? Amazing stuff.

So what I heard was basically this...the lap band didn't work for me, as it doesn't for 1/3 of the people. Now, my best choice is to go ahead with the gastric bypass surgery. At a cost of $24,000 I don't know that my mom can cover that. I have some I can contribute but she'd be loaning me the rest. It's a lot of money. I sure as shit don't have it. So I'm on hold now until the holidays when I can talk to her about it. It's a severe surgery but I am in a desperate situation right now. Self-pay takes about 6 weeks to get the surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment